Pet Friendly Synthetic Turf
Beach Bum Turf Co. has created a synthetic pet turf system that is certain to keep your pet safe and comfortable while outdoors. We are a company that is as pet friendly as our customers are. We our commited to providing artificial grass surfaces that are cooler, comfortable, easy to clean and cost efficient having made us a favorite of pet owners. Beach Bum Turf Co. pet turf also drains 3 times more than our standard turf. We know what an important member of the family your pet is, and have put a great deal of research and development into creating synthetic grass and synthetic grass systems that addresses the specific needs of pets. From artificial lawns to dog runs, our artificial turf products remain the residential and commercial landscaping turf of choice for discerning dog owners.
When it comes to pet turf, we know that each pet and its owner have unique needs. We consider everything from the size of your dog to its breed while creating a custom design that addresses your specific needs. Here are a few reasons why you should consider Beach Bum Turf Co. synthetic pet turf:
- Our artificial lawns remain cool and comfortable even when temperatures warm up
- No more yellow urine spots on your grass
- The installation of artificial grass means no dirt or mud tracked into the house
- Dogs can’t dig holes in synthetic grass
- Our residential landscaping turf is designed to provide odor control using our odor control system
- Easy clean-up after your dog
- Little maintenance required
- Have an Ultimate K9 Drainage Mat for concrete areas and rooftops
We love that you are looking out for your pet and we can help you rest easy when your pet has to spend time outdoors. Beach Bum Turf Co. artificial turf products were created with pets firmly in mind. After all, they are nothing less than valued members of the family. Discover for yourself why pets and their people love Beach Bum Turf Co. synthetic pet turf.
Beach Bum Turf Co. Pet turfs are the best on the market. We understand that your pet is family and that you want only the best turf.
With a pile height of 1 1/8" and Face Weight 50.00 oz.yd2, Pet Turf is ideal for pet areas. The combination of Green colors with Brown and Green thatching looks natural and realistic. We also punch 3 times the holes for optimal drainage.
While keeping your monthly fees, including your water bills, down is very attractive idea, there are advantages of an artificial lawn you might find even more appealing especially if you have pets. With Pet Turf, you don’t have to worry about dirty and muddy paws on your kitchen floors. Installed artificial grass keeps the danger of ticks, fleas and other pests down. It is known that some pesticides and fertilizers can cause some serious sicknesses in animals. Installing Pet Turf artificial grass solves this problem completely. And, of course, you have a green and beautiful lawn to enjoy all year long.
The BBT-PT1 has a U-Blade is designed to withstand higher traffic, making it a great choice for high traffic pet areas. With a life expectancy of at least twenty years, U-Blade design is one of the best among our performance series synthetic turf products. U-Blade designed blades stand upright under significant amounts of pressure, the quality is exceptional going far beyond the competition. Soft to touch, U-Blade designed artificial grass is one of the most popular choices in commercial landscaping primarily due to its high wear and tear tolerance.
The BBT-PT2 Artificial grass W Blade is ideal for pet areas and playgrounds. The softness of the The combination of Emerald Green and Olive Green poly grass blades is combined with Brown and Green thatch that delivers a durable, yet realistic looking grass that feels surprisingly luxurious on your bare feet. This synthetic grass has a pile height of 1 1/2" and a face weight 60.00 oz.yd2. Backed with a 10 years warranty and up to 20 years life expectancy for a lush, long-lasting, gorgeous landscape that will last for years.
The BBT-PT2 W-Shape blade is the next generation of Stemgrass. This unique technology takes the realistic look of synthetic turf to a whole new level. The durable structure of leaves makes this super-intelligently designed grass not only look as realistic as possible in a field or lawn but also serves well in heavy-traffic areas. Due to its light diffusing characteristics, an artificial grass with W-shaped leaves does not retain as much heat energy as other types of turf, which prevents overheating on hot summer days. A series of tests in a controlled environment have shown that Beach Bum Turf Co. W-Blade designed artificial grass is 15 degrees cooler than any other synthetic turf on the market.
Infill Materials and Why?
Beach Bum Turf Co. Infill of choice is ZeoFill
What is Artificial Grass Infill?
Infill is used between grass blades for lawns that aren't real or artificial. Infill is spread down into the turf fibers to help the blades of grass stand up. It also protects the grass backing from ultraviolet rays which could eventually cause damage and void warranties. Some artificial grass infill options are ZeoFill®, Envirofill, Durafill, Copper slag, Silica Sand and/or Rubber.
For years there has been a struggle for pet owners to decide if artificial grass is beneficial for their dog. Since majority of dogs have accepted fake grass as their bathroom, their owners had to water down and flush out the urine bacteria from the turf. Many turf manufacturers have made antimicrobial pet turf to resist the bacterial ammonia from adhering to the turf fibers. Silica sand would hold ammonia urine resulting in a great deal of smell. This is why Beach Bum Turf does not recommend ever to put sand down as an infill.
We got a call from a 20,000sqft pet facility that antother company had installed turf and that it smelled like urine and if there was anything we could do. We first sprayed with water then PE-51 then added the ZeoFill and they have not had any odor problems since. We recommend using Zeofill on all our installations.
ZeoFill is made out of a 100% natural resource from the earth. It is different that any other infill because ZeoFill is a negatively charged honey-combed molecular structure which absorbs the urine like a magnet and prevents the ammonia from forming a gas which is the main cause of smell. ZeoFill Infill will pull any gases towards itself and hold it until sodium ion (Na+) in rain water releases the magnetivity and the force of heavy rainfall will flush out the bacteria, forcing it through the turf into the ground making your turf virtually new again. The sodium forces the calcium ions out and recharges the ZeoFill when dry.
With ZeoFill® Save Water! There is no need to water the grass all the time to wash away urine smell.
PE-51 Turf Cleaner - Smells like "Fresh Cut Grass"
Even though you don't really need this product on your grass unless you have a larger animal doing its business in one area. This product is for all artificial grass no matter who makes it. You could even use this product on your real grass or dirt areas. Animal owners can now enjoy the their artificial grass without the pet odor. Our new Artificial Grass Cleaner absorbs the bad odors, making the odors virtually disappear. Just spray the deodorizer using the spray applicator included and let this amazing product take effect. Helps control odor not eliminate it.
One bottle covers approx. 1500 to 1800 sf.
- Safe for Kids and Pets
- Specially Designed for Artificial Turf
- Smells like "Freshly Cut Grass"
How it Works
Basically, bacteria are Nature’s way to degrade organic waste. Different strains of bacteria occur everywhere in nature and their function is to consume and degrade organic waste and break it down until the final by-product is carbon dioxide and water. Most bacteria need a system pH from 5 to 8, a temperature of 50 to 90 degrees F., a food source (organic waste), and enough water or moisture to support bacterial life.
The bacteria will recognize the presence of different organic waste products in water then will swim over to the food and attach to it using a polysaccharide matrix (bio-film). Then they secrete the appropriate enzymes to break down the waste into microscopic particles that are fed to the bacteria.
The bacteria consume organic wastes, grow in size, then duplicate themselves into identical bacteria cells, and continue to replicate to cover the waste completely and eventually degrade it. Under ideal conditions (controlled laboratory environment) a bacteria colony can duplicate in size every 20 minutes. These bacteria are self-regulating because they only stay on the food source until it is degraded. After the organic waste is gone they search for more or just hibernate until more waste is added to the waste water.
The bacteria continue to consume and degrade the organic waste until it is depleted or more organic waste is added to the system. Bacteria have a normal life cycle, like any other living organism, and are affected by changes in temperature, pH, the lack of oxygen, and any possible presence of chemicals, chlorine, quaternary ammonium sanitizing compounds, solvents, caustics, acids, or other similar products that could kill bacteria or inhibit their growth.
“Spore forming” bacteria used in PE-51 have the ability to encapsulate themselves in a hard shell and basically "go to sleep" if their environment is not able to support their growth. When the environment changes to support bacteria life and growth they wake up, recognize the presence of a food source, and continue to consume, degrade, live and die, in the waste treatment system. “Spore” type bacteria in waste containment systems or treatment systems have the ability to survive and function in the most severe environments.
Is PE-51 Safe? And Has It Been Tested?
- PE-51 is manufactured in a facility, which has been registered to ISO 9001 2000 standards. Tight controls and stringent tests are incorporated into the production process to ensure that the products are manufactured to the highest quality standards.
- The micro-organisms/Strains in PE-51 belong to Class I as defined in the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- This Group consists of biological agents that pose low individual and community risk and are highly unlikely to cause disease in healthy workers or animals. The agents require Biosafety Level 1 containment.
- The strains are naturally occurring and are not genetically engineered or modified.
- Finished products are tested using procedures recommended by the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture), NSF (National Science Foundation) and AOAC (Scientific Association Dedicated to Analytical Excellence) to ensure that they are free of gram negatives, salmonella and shigella.
What Makes PE-51 Different From the Competition?
- Simple. PE-51 is the only company to bring to you the “bio-enzymatic cleaning solution" with proven results specified directly for use on artificial turf.
- PE-51 is made with all-naturally occurring bacteria and there are no "genetically modified organisms" (GMO) in our product. PE-51 is completely safe for people who use the product, safe for animals and pets, safe for the environment, and safe for aquatic life.
- PE-51 is a true “Green Product” Green in color too!
- PE-51 is a microbial cleaner that can provide cleaning and odor control by consuming and degrading the waste that causes the odors. The residue left behind is small amount of carbon dioxide and water which evaporates.
- Since PE-51 microbes are so efficient at consuming and degrading organic waste they will out–compete the harmful bacteria on the floor causing them to die. The only bacteria left are completely safe for humans.
- PE-51 does not contain detergents for turf cleaning. Detergents actually create a chemical bond with grease and dirt that are sealed into the turf, and can create slippery conditions.
- By eliminating detergents we also help reduce VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) that are concentrated in chemical cleaners.
- Detergents cannot penetrate the layers of residual grime and food grease that have accumulated in the Turf. TPE-51 can degrade old detergent residue along with the food wastes.
- PE-51 flow into drainage and under the turf where organic waste spills get trapped, to provide better cleaning. Detergents alone do not clean these areas well.
- PE-51 provide a secondary benefit of removing organic waste food sources for insects or other pests.